The library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD / DVD -ROMs, Books, Journals Thesis, Project Reports, Back Volume of Journals, Video Lessons from NPTEL. The library has been using an integrated library management software package with all modules for automated library operation and Bar code system.
The Library is offering a number of information services to its users with professionally qualified staff using the printed and electronic resources and equipment. It is opened for 12 hours (7.00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M.) with Internet browsing facility for all its users.
- To help the students and teachers to reach their full potential by providing multifaced, supportive learning and teaching environment.
- To enhance college status as a major research centre and centre for higher education.
- To position the college as the leading provider of outreach services in collaboration with other institutes of higher learning and research to users.
- To provide global access to information published worldwide in many disciplines in support of qualitative research and education.
Admission to the Library:
- Any outside visitor is not permitted to use the Library facilities.
- Before entering the Library a visitor shall be required to write his/her Roll no. and Signature, timing in the “Visitors Register” provided at the security counter.
- Display of I D Card on person is compulsory in the Library.
- All readers are required to maintain perfect silence and discipline in the Library.
- Proper decorum should be maintained inside the Library. Usage of Cell Phone and Sleeping inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- These Library rules may be altered or amended and new rules may be added to the existing ones by the recommendation of the Principal / Librarian from time to time depending on the exigencies.
a) Issues and returns – 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
b) Reading room – 12 hours
c) Computer section – 10.00 AM to 07.00 PM
d) Reference Section – 07.00 AM to 7.00 PM
Borrowing privileges will vary depending on the status of the users. Following are the details regarding the borrowing facility given to different types of library Users.
|Category||No. of Library Books Issued||Duration|
|M.Tech/M.C.A Students||4||15 days|
|Non-Teaching Staff||4||1 Semester|
Renewal & Overdue:
Renewal of the book is compulsory. A book may be renewed at most one time only. Borrowers shall return all the borrowed books before going to vacation/leave/outstation duty. A Member should obtain “No Dues Certificate’’ from the Library after surrendering all books with him/her and paying outstanding dues, if any, while leaving the College. Any book lost or mutilated shall be replaced by a new copy of the same book or the borrower shall pay the double the cost of such a book. An overdue charge of Rs.1/- per book per day shall be levied for books not returned by the due date.
|Indian Journals (Print)||155|